Pages

Monday 20 October 2014

Baking with caitlin - chocolate brownies

Hello everyone I'm back !!! I'm sorry that I have been neglecting my blog a bit lately but I have been very busy with school and other things. Since its the October break and I'm off on holiday I decided that I would do a spot of baking and bake some chocolate brownies.

Because they turned out so delicious I thought I would share the deliciousness of them with you guys by doing a cute little blog post on them :) I hope that I inspire some of you to make them and if you do leave me a comment telling me how they turned out :)) 


INGREDIENTS 

185g unsalted butter 

185g dark chocolate 

85g plain flour 

40g Cocoa powder

50g White chocolate 

50g milk chocolate 

3 large eggs 

275g golden caster sugar 



You can get all of these ingredients out of any large supermarket.


Start off by setting your oven to 180c and then grease a 20cm tin with butter.

Next you want to cut your butter and dark chocolate into cubes and put it into a heat proof bowl. Then put a piece of cling film over the bowl and melt in the microwave for two minutes or until melted. After that you want to leave the mixture to cool until it's room temperature.

Whilst that mixture is cooling you want to sieve together the flour and cocoa powder, into a separate bowl.

Now take a sharp knife and chop up your white and milk chocolate into small chunks. After the chocolate is chopped up move it over to the side to be added to the mixture later on.

Next take your three eggs and caster sugar and add them to a separate medium bowl. Then take a electric mixer and mix them up until it is like a thick bubbly milkshake. Another way to check if the mixture is ready is to lift out the whisk and if the mixture leaves a trail on top for a few seconds it's ready.
This is what the mixture should look like.

Now take the cooled chocolate mixture and pour it over the eggy mixture (eggy I hate that word ewww) and gently fold together the mixture until it looks like the picture above.

Now fold in the cocoa powder mixture until it looks like this :
(It will take a few minutes to get the mixture looking like this so don't give up)

The last step is to mix in the chocolate chunks until they are right through it.

Now all you have to do is put the mixture into the tin making sure it goes into all the corners, then with a spatula make sure it is Smooth on the top. Put it into the over for about 25 to 30 minutes (until you can put a knife in it and it will come out clean) 

When it is ready leave it to cool down then cut into squares (I cut it into 20 equal squares)




Now they are ready to eat Yummmmyyyy!!


Is you have any questions feel free to ask in the comments :)) Byyee







































3 comments:

  1. Oh wow these look delicious! I love brownies :D

    Christina
    http://kissesandflowers.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I can say is: YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM! Perfect for the weekend bake! Thanks! <3
    xoxo,

    BerryBloomXO.com | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog 

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cool blog post I really want brownies now !!!!! Please check out my blog and maybe follow if you like it anotherteenontheweb.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete